In February 2022 The Speech, Sign and Song Club became a charity. Our registered charity number is 1197766.
We're a small friendly music club for young children who need extra help with social and communication skills.
We provide regular music groups for children who have communication difficulties, with their parents or carers. We're currently running face-to-face interactive sessions with reduced numbers, ventilation and other precautions because of the Covid pandemic.
Our groups are particularly aimed at those children who find it hard to take part in other community activities.
The pre-school group meets in Beeston, Nottingham on Wednesday mornings in term time. It costs £4.00 per session.
The 'Speech, Sign and Song Plus' group is for school-aged children is for school-aged children who have been to the pre-school group. It meets on Saturday afternoons in Toton once a month, at a cost of £5 per session.
PLEASE NOTE: We offer concessions when needed. Please contact us. Don't ever let the cost stop you from coming!
- A variety of songs and instruments, including the fantastic Big Drum!
- A chance to run, dance and be active in a safe environment.
- Lots of repetition balanced with variations, surprises and choices, to help communication and social development.
- Opportunities for all the children to gain confidence and skills at their own pace.
- Song sheets and instruments to borrow, so families can repeat activities at home.